The Alberta Association of Recreation Facility Personnel (AARFP) is a member-driven, not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing excellence in training and professional development for individuals involved in the operation of recreation facilities.
AARFP has been providing training and setting the standards for Alberta’s arenas, swimming pools, parks and sport fields since 1978. There are over 1,400 members actively involved in the day-to-day operation and management of Alberta’s recreation facilities.
Becoming an AARFP Member not only provides access to training, conferences, and consultation, but it strengthens the recreation industry as a whole by creating a support network across the province.
Benefits of Membership
There are numerous benefits to an AARFP Membership:
- Networking Opportunities
- AARFP Annual Conference & Trade Show
- AARFP Training and Courses
- AARFP Leisure Lines (quarterly magazine)
- Free jobs postings
- Scholarships and awards opportunities
- Phone or E-Mail technical support on operational situations
- Access to important recreation documents (policies, procedures, and regulations)
PLUS! Individuals purchasing a membership prior to February 15th are entered into a draw for a FREE AARFP Conference Registration!
- Communities will benefit from knowledgeable facility operators that will ensure optimal safety, comfort, and enjoyment of your facility.
- Managers will benefit from a well-informed staff that remain on the leading edge of industry standards for excellence.
- Companies/Associates will benefit through opportunities with the current and future clients through AARFP functions and publications.