Long Service Awards
This certificate is presented to AARFP Members in good-standing who maintained a long service membership in the association. Recognition is given after 10 years and in 5 year increments provided the membership is continuous. Historical data is difficult to track and discrepancies are possible. Please contact the office if you have concerns.
- The calculations are based on continuous membership. If you missed a year of membership, the calculation starts over.
- The award is presented after the year it was completed. If you reached your 10 years of continuous service in 2023, you will be recognized in the 2024 year
Deadline For Nominations/Submissions: February 15th of Each Year
The Past Presidents’ Committee is responsible for choosing all award recipients from the submitted nominations for each award. All nomination forms are available on this page.
For more information, please contact:
Rob Pelletier, AARFP Past President
Student Achievement Awards
Nine Scholarship Achievement Awards are presented annually to AARFP members, and are based on top marks in each course. If there is a tie for the top mark in a course, the immediate AARFP Past President will contact the students involved and ask them to submit an essay. A winner will then be chosen by the AARFP Past Presidents’ Committee based on the submitted essays. All award winners will be notified by the immediate AARFP Past President.
The Award recipients receive a plaque, free registration to the AARFP conference to accept the award, a banquet ticket for a guest, and a cheque for $250. The presentation is made at the annual awards banquet during the conference.
- Swimming Pool Operator Level 1
- Swimming Pool Operator Level 2
- Arena Operator Level 1
- Arena Operator Level 2
- Parks & Sports Field Operator 1
- Parks & Sports Field Operator 2
- Building Maintenance Level 1
- Building Maintenance Level 2
- Leadership Skills
The Certificate of Recognition is presented to individuals who have achieved the highest marks in any of the associations’ sponsored training courses.